Saturday 6 February 2010

WOW How long has it been?

wCant believe I havent blogged since before Christmas!!

Seems a bit late to do the "How was your Christmas?" and "Happy New Year" so I will skip it. The reason for the lack of blogs has been the volume of sales and the amount of new stocks coming in.
OK so here is the rundown.

New into stock - Rowan Magazine No. 47, Rowan Casual Classics (best seller at the moment), Rowan Summer Crochet, Rowan Miniature Classics, Rowan Kids, Rowan Recycled Collection (Revive Yarn) and Rowan 18 - check out the website for further information.
Gedifra Moments 217, 218 and Highlights 101 including 4 new yarns Barina, Jalia, Fiorista Fino and Satata



Debbie Bliss New Additions - Amalfi book and yarn - Eco Baby book and yarn - both lovely additions to the DB Stable. The Eco Baby knits up like Baby Cashmerino so there is fantastic pattern support for this yarn and as you know I like eco yarns!!

I am now stocking the Mirasol range of yarns including two newbies. Lachiwa (60% pima cotton and 40% linen) which is already selling well even without pattern support - the patterns are due in by the end of the month and Wachi (85% pima cotton and 15% silk). Hacho is flying off the shelves. I wasnt sure about this yarn when I saw it on the skein but knitted up it looks fabulous.
Two new Noro Yarns are due in any day now Taiyo and Furin. These yarns are featured in the new publications including Catwalk 2 one of my favourite Noro Books.


I hope you have all seen the articles in the magazines. Knits in the City did the 5 minute interview with Lets Knit and also did Top Knits in the Knitting Magazine recently. The knitting group is going to be featured in The Knitter in issue 17 or 18.
I just have to submit the pics, garments and write up about the members. Keep an eye out for it.
I hadnt had many pics of finished garments and then a couple came through.
Pic 1. is Margaret Whyte (from Ireland) in Miss Marple - Margaret and I did a knit along for this garment made in Louisa Harding Willow Tweed (nice yarn) I think Margaret made a fantastic job of this.

Pic 2. is Annette Harrison (from Staffordshire) in Sixties Jacket in Gedifra Videra. The sleeves on this garment are crochet and I think the look is very effective.
I have just agreed to stock Designer Knitting (was Vogue Knitting) at the request of one of my customers and have got to say I love it. The magazine comes out each quarter and I have just received the winter copy. The pics attached show one of the stories from the mag - Traditional - and I have decided to make the third cardigan in for the Races this year (that it the Grand National to those people who arent local to Liverpool) It is one of the annual girls get togethers and everybody dresses to impress. I usually do a posh frock, high heels and hat but this year I am going to try a Katherine Hepburn look. Will keep you posted on the progress. One of my so called friends recons I will look like a fresian cow in this cardigan - well what can I say - some of us can carry it off and others ............... nuff said.
Wow once I get blogging I can stop!! Didnt make a new years resolution as I dont tend to keep to them. Loosing Weight - HA! Going to the Gym HA HA!! But I am going to try (no promises as I would hate to let you all down) to blog more regularly.
Hope to hear from you all soon with orders for some fantastic projects for Spring Summer.
Chris.

2 comments:

  1. Wow no blog since before X-mas and now it is March already ..... Well I have picked up my knitting again and am hoping to complete all my projects before summer begins. I was supposed to ocmplete my blanket by winter - luckily I didn't say which year. Hopefully next time I add something to your blog it will be some pics of my completed items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how many rows have you done then?

    ReplyDelete