Wednesday 2 September 2009

End of Month.......


When you are running your own business no matter how small there are certain tasks that need to be undertaken at the end of each month. These tasks are not difficult but they are time consuming so I apologise about not adding a blog after last nights S&B.

Not a big turn out last night. People returning to school (as staff not pupils), going to see Harry Potter before it is off the big screen, illness, having their car stolen!! and other legitimate excuses. There were 10 of us last night but we were as loud as ever.

Ausie Ann has been creating a wool mountain - she has bought so much yarn off me lately she must be doing most of Santas knitting for him.

I have become hooked on scarves - it wont last long but for the knitting group they are very handy to work on. They are getting more and more intricate too. I am usually a cable or fairisle girl but this lace stuff has grabbed me. Saying that I have just completed Hoy from Rowan 46 and it turned out well. Made from Felted Tweed Chunky didnt take long to knit up at all.


The pockets are as shown on the pattern but I think they are a bit
high for a man - probably just too trendy for the men I know!!!

Business has been very brisk - Little Cake by Louisa Harding and Precious by Kim Hargreaves have sold really well as have the new Louisa Harding Yarns, Thistle and Willow Tweed. If you are looking for a stylish knit to treat yourself these books are great. They also make great coffee table books or fantastic gifts.

Dont forget to send me pics of your finished garments so I can post them on this blog.

I am off to Burghley Horse Trials tomorrow for 4 days, lets hope the weather is dry. I can cope with cold or hot but wet is just a pain. They have great stalls there and I always end up buying something totally impractical but what the heck...... You only live once.
Speak to you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment