Just thought that I would let you in on a secret - I'm not really a very good cook. I do admit to this and tell people but they usually think that I am exaggerating until they taste my wares. Consequently I get fed quite a lot by my friends or eat out in restaurants.
Example - last week the girls came round - I put some tartlets and Chinese nibbles from M&S in the oven and burnt them slightly. Yes there were flames but you could still see some of the food it wasn't all black....... I was the only one to eat them - after all I am used to it.
To redeem myself I cooked chili on Thursday and invited same girls around. The chili was good and hot. They seemed shocked. Not as shocked as I was the next day when one person was glued to the loo...... It couldn't have been the food could it - I was OK?